Extension are great for adding length and volume to your fabulous hair, but they can be a little tricky to put on at times. We have put together a list of simple steps to help you attach extensions. This how-to guide is only for clip in extensions. If you have extensions that do not have clips, you can browse our website for clips and then follow this guide.
1. Always style your wefts before wearing. Lay out all the wefts from your extension kit, style your heat-friendly or human wigs for black women, and then snap them open to get ready for attachment.
2. First section off your hair at the lower back of your head. With a large hair clip, keep the hair you sectioned off out of the way. Your first weft will be attached here.
3. Align the weft to the part you made at the lower back of your head. Your weft needs to be wide enough to cover from ear to ear, or close enough. First, snap the center clip creating a grip onto your hair. After, snap the side remaining clips. If the clips are having a hard time hanging onto your hair, remove your weft and lightly tease your hair along the part.
4. Once you attached the weft securely, run your fingers across your weft to make sure that it is laying flat your head. If there is a gap, unsnap the clip and re-adjust the weft before moving on to the next weft.
5. using the hair you clipped out of the way, create a new part. Leave about half an inch of room between each weft layer. Once you made a new part, re-clip your own hair out of the way.
6. At this point, repeat steps 3 through 5 with each of the wider wefts in your extension kit. Using your fingers or a wide tooth comb, blend your own hair with the extensions for a more natural look.
7. Don't forget to attach the sides. Most extension kits come with smaller 2 to 3 inch wefts that are for your sides. Attached these small wefts on the sides of your head above your ear. Clip the top section of your hair out of the way and clip the small wefts about an inch above your ear. Repeat on the other side.
Now you are done!